Emergency Call System in The Czech Republic
- Non-stop emergency phone number 112 (Integrated Rescue System = Firefighters, Police, Emergency Medical Service)
- This service is provided by The Fire Rescue Service
- It facilitates emergency calls for foreigners and it is possible to use in wide scale of emergencies (traffic accidents, fires, floods, flash floods, serious health injuries, leaks of dangerous chemical substances, offences against the law…) .
- This number is used in case of the need for urgent Police, Firefighters or Emergency Medical Service intervention
- The operators speak Czech, English and German
- This call is free of charge (from any type of telephone and from any place in the Czech Republic)
- The line is equipped with “Caller ID technology”. It is also possible to locate the mobile phone caller with an accuracy of 200 meters.
- In accordance with the government resolution, in the Czech Republic this line is being operated simultaneously with standard Czech emergency numbers (Czech speaking operators only):
155 (Emergency Medical Service),
156 (Metropolitan / local police),